Are you worried about your heating bills increasing every month during winter? With rising energy costs of electricity and gas, many homeowners are looking for alternative ways to make their homes more energy-efficient. This is making them search the internet for “insulation companies near me.” Well, we are here to list out the best residential insulation companies you can seek out to discuss your options.
Are you searching “loft insulation companies near me” or “loft insulation installers near me” on Google.com, Bing or Yahoo? Well, your search ends here. We live in a city where every homeowner wants the best services at a reasonable price. Insulation is one of the main services that need to be handled with the utmost care for your residential project. Choosing the best insulation companies are not as easy as you may think. We are here to guide you in finding top home insulation companies best suited for your needs.
Let’s get started… Fill Out Your Contact Details Below to Find Best Insulation Companies Near You!
Why Insulation is required?
Up to 33% of the heat in your home escapes through your rooftop. This makes your home less warm, increasing the chance of condensation along with higher energy bills. This issue can be resolved if you get loft of your home properly insulated. Insulation helps in adding an extra layer of protective material to your home, which helps in trapping the heat for a much longer time inside your house and minimizes the heat loss making your home warm for a much longer time and helping you in reducing your energy bills in the process.
What are Different Types of Insulation?
Once you have decided to get your home insulation done, it is essential to know which type of Insulation is best suited for the structure of your home and how to find the best residential insulation companies to get it done. Different types of Insulation available for you to choose from are
- Loft Insulation – It is one of the most important and common types of home insulation as the most amount of heat dissipation occurs when the loft or roof of the house is poorly or not insulated. By having loft insulation appropriately done, you can save on your energy cost and make your home warm by trapping the heat within your loft space longer. You can always use our comparison services to find the top loft insulation contractors in your area.
- Wall Insulation – Another type of Insulation that can be done in your home is wall insulation. It comes in various types depending upon the type of wall you need to be insulated. There is:
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Solid Wall Insulation
- Internal Wall Insulation
- Floor Insulation – If there are any gaps or holes in your floor, they allow heat to escape through them, making your home less warm. By having floor insulation done, you can make your home more energy-efficient. It helps in keeping your floor warm and makes it more durable as empty spaces within your flooring is filled with high-quality insulating material. Any cracking sound that your floor makes will also be eliminated through this Insulation.
- Crawl Space Insulation – You can also insulate the crawl space in your home but you need to be careful with ventilation through these spaces in your home. A unique insulating method is used for such type of Insulation due to the difficulty in adequately approaching the area available.
What are the Different Insulation Materials?
After deciding on the type of Insulation you need for your home, the next step is to select the right kind of insulating material for the insulation process. Below are the primary insulating materials used for home insulation:
- Spray Foam Insulation – It has become the most popular choice for home insulation among the homeowners. As soon as it is sprayed on the surface, the foam expands and sets as the insulating layer, filling all the gaps and cracks creating an ultimate air barrier. There are two types, both closed-cell and open-cell spray foam insulation, and the insulation type used depends on the structure and surface of the space.
- Blanket: Batt and Roll Insulation – This one is another commonly used in home insulation and comes in the form of the batts and rolls. These batts and rolls can be made up of fiberglass, sheep wool, glass wool, plastic fiber, etc.
- Rock Mineral Wool Insulation – It is a more solid insulating material than glass wool, so it can be used in a place where material compression is needed.
- Loose-Fill Insulation – It is also known as Blown-In Insulation, where small particles of foam and fiber are used to insulate the space. The most common types of materials used for loose-fill Insulation include fiberglass, cellulose, and mineral wool.
Why Choosing an Accredited Contractor Is Important?
Home insulation is not a DIY task that can be done quickly at home by checking out various tutorials on YouTube. It’s a complicated process that requires a high level of skills and expertise, which can be appropriately done by a professional and certified insulation company. When you’ve decided that you must get your home insulation done, your next move is to figure out who are the home insulation installers in your area.
You do not want to risk your home insulation by doing it yourself to save some money as if you get it wrong you would be spending much more on rectifying it later. If you need to get your loft insulation done, it is always recommended by industry experts to hire a professional and accredited loft insulation company for your project. They are better equipped with skill and knowledge to advise you on which type of home insulation would your house need and the insulating material that would be better suited for it after doing a complete assessment of your property.
A certified home insulation contractor will be able to guide you on ways you can achieve adequate heating in your house through proper loft insulation and floor insulation. They will also be able to help you in making your home more energy-efficient and saving you on your energy bills.
Finding the Right Insulation Company
So how would know with certainty that you are working with the correct loft insulation installers to address your issues? Start with the following things:
- Get Your Research Done
The first thing to do when finding the residential insulation companies for your project is to start researching to find answers to your questions like “what is home insulation? Why do you need it? Insulation companies near me, loft insulation companies near me, loft insulation installers near me”. Find out a little about the procedure and the kinds of Insulation that you may require so you can discuss the same with the insulation contractors.
- Product and Service Warranties
The next thing you need to find out is about the warranties given on the products and services by different insulation companies. You will need to compare different home insulation companies for the warranty they provide for their work, solution, payment schedule, and the time frame within which they would commit to complete your project. Once you are satisfied with all the services being provided by the contractor, then you need to move on to the next step.
- Certifications and Accreditation
Try not to depend exclusively on the advertising and sales pitch of the company. Any good and professional home insulation company would be having certifications and accreditation from different independent agencies such as the British Board of Agrément (BBA), Worcester Bosch, etc. Once you have decided to go ahead with a home insulation company of your choice, do not hesitate to ask paperwork for all the certificates and accreditation that they mentioned to possess when discussing your project. If they hesitate to provide these documents, you should reconsider your decision to hire them to complete your loft home or loft insulation.
- Client Reviews and Referrals
The last thing you need to check for the company you have decided to go forward with is the real client testimonials and referrals. Checkout online review websites such as Trustpilot.com, Checkatrade.com, Allchecked.com, Google reviews, etc. and search for the company to read their existing reviews about their services and customer support.
If you are still not convinced about hiring an insulation company to get your home insulated and make it more energy-efficient due to the cost involved, do not worry. At Spray Foam Insulation Quotes Compare we provide trusted accredited installers across the UK, to save you both time & money! Get up to 3 free no-obligation quotes all in one click by using our comparison service.